The “Uzstandard” agency is the national body of accreditation in the Republic of Uzbekistan and in accordance with existing laws, via the Directorate of accreditation and inspection control, implements following activities:
- Carries out the state policy in the field of accreditation
- Sets out norms and rules of accreditation procedure of testing laboratories, certification bodies, inspection bodies, pre-shipment inspections and expert auditors.
- Carries out guidelines of the National System of Accreditation in the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Represents the Republic of Uzbekistan in mutual relations with other states and in the international organizations in the field of accreditation
- Accredits certification bodies of homogeneous products, inspection bodies, as well as the expert-auditors
- Maintains the State Register of the accredited certification bodies.
- Maintains the State Register of the accredited testing laboratories.
- Maintains the State Register of conformity assessment bodies
- Carries out surveillance of accredited conformity assessment bodies and testing laboratories (centers)